This stage of pregnancy has made me regularly refer to the quote in Finding Nemo. I am getting so anxious and ready for "Peanut" to be here that I have to remind myself not to get overwhelmed with everything that still needs to be done and to just keep swimming, just keep swimming. I will be starting my 28th week tomorrow which is super exciting. It's kind of weird to think that I will already be in my third trimester. In some ways, I feel like this pregnancy has flown while it's seemed to drag in other areas because I can't wait to meet our son.
The weather here lately has been a little more challenging for me. It's been quite hot which is not always easy for a pregnant lady to deal with. I am trying to be smart and staying inside as much as possible so as not to end up overheated. I will be returning to school starting next Tuesday for teacher inservice meetings so I could not be more thankful to be in a school building that has air conditioning.
If any of you are wondering, "Peanut" is still without an official name. I would like to blame it on his father because he is quite indecisive, but honestly, I think we're probably both at fault :) We have two names that we really like and just can't decide on yet. I refuse to go to the hospital without a name picked out though, so we're going to have to get with it. We're not sure if we will share the name with people before he is born. If we tell anyone, it will be our parents but we may keep it a surprise until the big day.
Thursday I am going in for my big glucose test doctor's appointment. After that, I will start going every two weeks rather than every four which just seems crazy to me. That was the moment where it kind of hit me that it's getting close. There are times during the day where I am overcome with every emotion of excitement, fear, anxiousness, confusion, etc. I guess that is all completely normal but it's an odd way to feel.
Below are pictures that Ralph took of me. In these I am 27 1/2 weeks prego!
Peanut has been moving an unbelievable amount. This week was the first time that Ralph could see his movements outside of my stomach. He has been feeling them for awhile but I wish I could have caught his reaction on video camera the first time he saw "Peanut's" foot sweep across my belly. His eyes got so big and he started laughing and stared up at me in disbelief. It was such a special moment to share together! :)


You look great Andrea! Definitely try to enjoy the last few weeks/months of couplehood with Ralph!
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on wanting the name settled.. I had to have our names (1 for a boy & 1 for a girl) picked before the hospital when I was pregnant w/Jack. However this time, I feel like I'm in no rush to decide... strange!